It is called baking soda, and it is one of the important elements present in any house, and its price is very cheap; Where anyone can buy it, and there are many advantages and some disadvantages, besides that, it has many uses.
Benefits of Baking Soda:
- You can get white teeth by using baking soda, which is characterized by its natural sandy texture. Sodium bicarbonate can also be used as an alternative to toothpaste or sprinkled over toothpaste to remove stains and whiten teeth. You can also put a teaspoon of baking soda in half a glass of water and use it as a mouthwash.
- To get shiny and clean hair, you can add a teaspoon of baking soda to the shampoo and rub it in your hand, then put the mixture on the hair and rinse well.
- Sodium bicarbonate is a natural ointment for treating skin irritations, relieving itching caused by heat, and relieving insect bites. It can be used by mixing it with enough water to make a paste, then letting it dry and using it as needed.
- The alkaline properties of sodium bicarbonate effectively help treat heartburn, acid and digestive indigestion. Sodium bicarbonate can be used as an antacid by mixing one teaspoon of baking soda with ½ cup of water, which controls acidity.
- A pilot study at the Royal London Hospital found that a daily dose of sodium bicarbonate may help people with chronic kidney disease avoid dialysis. He also found that sodium bicarbonate can significantly slow disease progression.
Baking soda side effects :
Sodium bicarbonate can have a harmful effect when used in excess, causing dry skin, nausea, and bloating. If any of these symptoms appear, it is necessary to contact the doctor.
Some of the side effects of high doses of sodium bicarbonate include high blood pressure, headache, loss of appetite, thirst, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, fatigue, and others. symptoms.
Baking soda uses:
- It acts as an antacid.
- Remove armpit sweat.
- Hydration of the skin and the body.
- Reduce itchy skin caused by body burns and insect bites.
- Eliminates odors from clothes.
- Reduce skin rashes in children.
- Reduce bee stings.
- Store cut flowers for a long time.
- Absorb odors; It can therefore be sprayed on the refrigerator.
- Repel ants and cockroaches by placing them on windows and doors.
- Get rid of skin odors; So it sprays inside the shoes.